December 8, 2018
Literally the banana muffins of my dreams. I pulled this recipe inspo from Cookie and Kate with just a few minor modifications! These are about as healthy as muffins can get. They're refined sugar free; naturally sweetened with maple syrup or honey, and full of deliciousness. Quick, simple, and perfect for an on the go snack. My fiancé eats about 3 in a sitting.
*recipe makes about 12-14 muffins*
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees celsius). If needed, grease your muffin tin with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and maple syrup together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well. Mix in the mashed bananas and mylk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon.
3. Add the flour and the oats to the bowl and mix with a large spoon, just until combined. If you wish to add in any fruit or chocolate, add them in now.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a small amount of oats, then I sprinkled a little bit of raw sugar on top. Or you can sprinkle cinnamon!
5. Bake muffins for 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
6. Place muffins on a cooling rack to cool. These muffins will keep at room temperature for about 2 days, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or in the freezer in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
Would love to hear in the comments how you liked them and different baking ingredients you used/tried!